Invasion of the body snatchers…

My blog post today is about the movie Invasion of the body snatchers. Now I don’t know if it’s because this is a more recent movie or if it just might have been overall a good movie but I think this was the best movie I’ve seen in this class this semester. I enjoyed this movie so much that I nearly missed the underlying tones that one of the people in the class brought up. I wondered throughout this film what the budget was seeing that they made these giant plant buds and how they made wax figures… or at least i think they were wax figures of the actors. The story was pretty good too. i like the fact at how the aliens came down and chose for the humans what was best of them.
What I did think was weird was the process of how the aliens took over the bodies. I kind of wanted to see more of this process seeing that you only put the bud next to them and then it copies your DNA without even touching you which i thought was weird. Maybe if they showed how they acquired someones DNA the process would make a lot more sense to me. As for the memory process that was simple. they waited for you to fall asleep and then they took your memories and thoughts. But i would have loved to see the new body do this process to the old one.
I also like how this movie was a bit of a retrospect which I’ve always loved in films, and not only that it had the ability to suck you in and almost made you forget that it was a retrospect at time and you were reminded at the end of the film that all that you seen was from someones memory.

One thought on “Invasion of the body snatchers…

1. I like the ideas and points you bring forward. This too was one of my favorite movies of the semester. I could be wrong but i believe the budget to Invasion of the Body Snatchers was low, and did not cost a lot to make, which makes it seem that much better. Just shows how good of a job Director Don Siegel actually did.